I was over at my friend Bonnie Gean’s website and she was inspired by another blogger to create a list of things that you might not know about her.
Well I put together this little list of 25 things About Me couple of years ago and thought that it would be fun to drag it kicking and screaming out of the archives and share it with you today.
A lot of the things on this list are very British oriented but I hope you can still learn a little bit more about moi. Enjoy
A Random Collection of 25 Things about Me
- My first record was “My Camera Never Lies” by Bucks Fizz.
- After watching the episode of The Walton’s, where their house burned down, I used to have nightmares.
- While backpacking alone in Australia, I went to a pub on my own, bought myself a celebratory birthday drink – Southern Comfort & Lemonade – and thoroughly enjoyed myself.
- Although I am nearer to 40 than 30, I still get carded in clubs and pubs.
- I loved Madonna’s True Blue album – especially Papa Don’t Preach.
- During a school trip to Ramsgate when I was about 7 years old, I fell over on the slippery moss covered stones on the shore line, soaking my uniform, and ended up spending the rest of the day walking around in my shirt and underpants.
- I drank so much crap cheap red wine when I was an au pair in Germany, that I have been put off it ever since.I will try red wine again soon (without retching hopefully).
- During an argument in a club, I protected my friend’s honour by thrusting my hand at some guy’s throat – all 5 feet 3 inches of me.
- While working as an au pair, I took the day off due to a bad migraine, but proceeded to go to a Sting concert later that evening.
- However I returned home at midnight with no keys, and rather than wake the whole household (and their mad barking dog) I ended up sleeping in their car, which was fortunately open.Karma certainly bit me on the ass!!
- I hate custard.
- I took part in a school demonstration in support of teachers pay and refused to go back to class for the rest of the day. Hurrah!
- At a train station, a crazy woman walked up to me and kicked me in the shin.I didn’t do anything because a) she was crazy and b) she might have tried to throw me onto the railway tracks because c) she was crazy.
- I took up smoking at aged 14 – it lasted 3 days.I just couldn’t see the point.
- When I worked as a Saturday assistant in a newsagents, an acquaintance walked in, took some batteries off the shelf, and walked out of the shop.My manager had gone to lunch, leaving me alone so there was nothing I could do.I didn’t say anything.Well, what could I do?
- I got a job in a clothing store.I lasted 2 days as I was so bored out of my mind that I just didn’t go back.I didn’t call or anything.4 weeks later the company sent me a cheque for the days I worked, an unexpected surprise.
- I used to wear a lime green body with black hot pants and thought I looked hot.
- I used to have a curly perm that was a graduated bob hair cut with a side parting so that hair completely covered the left side of my face.I thought I looked da bomb! (Oh dear, oh dear).
- I wore electric blue mascara – on a black girl – what was I thinking!!
- I have been to Disneyland Paris, Disneyland Florida and on a Disney Cruise and had a fabulous time. (my sister works for the company).
- I have successfully completed the numbers round on Countdown.
- I have answered 2 questions correctly while watching an episode of University Challenge.How proud of myself am I??
- I have problems pronouncing the word reconnaissance.
- I love Victoria Sponge Cakes.
- Roger Hargreaves stole my idea to write books called Mrs Men.I sent him a letter and pictures when I was about 10 years old.Still waiting for those commissions.
There are quite a few more things I could add to this list but I will leave that for another time. Now it’s your turn.
Have Your Say: Share a few quirky things about yourself in the comments below. If you have a post of your own, please feel free to link to it and share