Before I started out on my quest to learn how to make money with Kindle, I read a few books written by people who were doing what I wanted to do and were having success.
This is when I discovered Cherly Kaye Tardif. She was already an established author with a back catalogue of books created and presented via the traditional publishing route.
Her book How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks is about her personal experience of writing books and publishing them as kindle products and her subsequent success. She was actually writing a case study on her blog and so this book was created from those postings.
What I Liked About This Book
The good things about this book is that it is nice to read about someone’s personal experience of becoming a self publisher and all the things that she did in order to achieve the huge success of earning $42,000 within the space of one month.
What I Didn’t Like About This Book
The negatives about this book are that she was rather lazy about putting the thing together. She didn’t do much editing of her blog posts and seemed to just copy and paste them one after the other. The result meant that there was a lot of unnecessary repetition and it didn’t flow as well as it could have.
I did gain some interesting insights about the different ways you can promote your kindle book.
Some Tips To Help You To Kindle Book Success
Here are just a few ideas and suggestions that I gained from reading the book:
- Set up and run free kindle book promotions every 6-8 weeks
- Set up your promotions to run for 2 or 3 days. Any shorter and people may not be aware that there is an offer.
- This is particularly important if you do not have a huge following or a mailing list
- Schedule hourly tweets once your promotion period ends with appropriate hastags links
- Tweet sales stats. Make them sound exciting so that people will be intrigued to follow your link to your Amazon book
- Always link back to your Amazon book
- Reply to any personal tweets you receive
- Check out the customer’s also bought list
- Join a tweet team
- Monitor your stats regularly as well as your sales rank
- Answer any questions you may receive on your blog or Amazon feedback comments
- Start writing your next book
I like some of these ideas but there are a few that I couldn’t be bothered to actually do myself. The great thing is that all the suggestions are pretty straight forward so anyone could try them out.
Is This Book Worth Reading?
If you are interested in reading about how a normal down to earth person has been able to make a really huge success of selling kindle books then I would definitely recommend Cheryl Kaye Tardif’s book.
Even though it had some annoying editing issues, reading through this will make you feel that if she can do it, there is a chance that you can be successful too.
Have Your Say: Have you heard of this author and her successs story? What do you think of the promotional tips she provides? Share your thoughts below.