I just wanted to make a note of the things that I have achieved this year because I believe that it is important to acknowledge your accomplishments.
It is so easy to feel like you haven’t done anything in the last 365 days if it isn’t major or tangible like getting a brand new job, buying a new home or going bungee jumping!!!
This is a little list of the things that I managed to do this year:
- I started my PLR Business – The PLR Boutique
- I became a freelancer
- I signed up to an acting agency
- I went to my first Networking meeting
Health & Fitness
- I started salsa classes
- I started Zumba classes
- I completed my 1 year Spanish course
- I went on a fabulous Disney cruise
Reflection – The Good
I have really enjoyed learning about creating a PLR website. I like writing articles so this type of work suits me down to the ground. I do not have to worry too much about the things that do not interest me like backlinking and intense keyword research.
Another think that I am slowly recognising is that my writing skills are good. I know that there are plenty of people like myself, who find it difficult to evaluate their skills or to actually believe that their writing is of any value. I have to keep reminding myself that people are happy and willing to pay for the type of service that I can provide. Hurrah!
Reflection – The Not So Good
One huge lesson that I learned about myself is that I can sometimes lack self motivation. One reason is because it is really easy to get distracted. Lots of people suffer from Shiny New Object Syndrome. Instead of working on what you know, something new catches your eye and your interest so you lose focus and fail to see tasks through to the end. That certainly sounds like me. I have to try and curb this very bad habit.
One of the main things that I wanted to do this year was to travel to South America but lack of funds meant that this had to be delayed. I had also hoped to increase my income to a higher level but a mixture of indecision, procrastination and lack of focus hindered this.
Resolutions for 2012
My resolutions for the upcoming year include focusing on my Business plan for 2012, my list of goals and Challenge 365.
Business Plans for 2012
The four areas that I would like to concentrate on are:
- The creation and sale of Amazon websites
- PLR creation
- Affiliate Marketing
- Freelance Writing
I have already had some experience with some of these and I hope to build on this success. I will be opening up my PLR affiliate programme for The PLR Boutique; I will continue to build up my affiliate websites and I will be sending out queries for freelancing opportunities.
Creating Amazon sites for sale will be something new and I am looking forward to the challenge.
My List of Goals for 2012
I have an ever changing list of things that I want to achieve during the course of 2012. I know that with a little bit of preparation I can and will succeed. Here is a brief outline of what I am aiming for with my New Years Resolutions:
- I want to continue to build up my PLR website
- I want to start creating mini Amazon websites for sale
- I want to get at least two articles published in a magazine
- I would like to get an acting job (as an extra)
- I want to create a Logo for my PLR site and this website
- I would like to create a membership site
- I would like to join a singing group
- I want to take part in Challenge 365 (see below for details)
Health & Fitness
- I would like to add another style of dance to my repertoire, maybe tap dancing
- I would like to drop a dress size (once I have finished eating all the mince pies!)
- I would like to learn about website design
- I want to get to South America
- I will be going to Turkey (friend’s birthday celebration)
- I want to pay it forward by helping at least one person per month
- I want to do some sort of volunteer work
- I would like to attend an awards ceremony of some kind
- I would like a new pair of glasses
- I would like to increase my networking activities, both online and offline
Some of this stuff will be easy but most of it will require a lot of effort on my part. I shall definitely be kept busy next year.
Tiffany Dow has created a challenge for 2012. The aim is to commit to achieving a certain amount of goals each day. I love the idea of this challenge because there is no pressure. You decide exactly what you would like your daily tasks to be so your list can be as long or as short as you wish. As well as recording your efforts by updating the forum thread at the Warrior Forum, you can also share your experiences with others via Tiffany’s website. This will provide a great support system as well as making sure that you are accountable and stay motivated.
I have a long list of things that I would like to achieve over the next year and I hope that I am successful but for the purpose of the challenge, I will commit to the following daily tasks:
- I will write 2 articles per day – either PLR or for one of my websites
- I will carry out one marketing activity
Happy New Year!
So that’s it. I have learned a lot this year but I am looking forward to the challenges that 2012 will bring. I hope to be able to provide a great service to others in the online and the offline community while still having enough time for lots of fun and a spot of salsa dancing!
I wish you all the best for your own New Years Resolutions.
Happy New Year